How do I write a blurb about myself?

Before you can write a Blurb you need to know what exactly a Blurb is. You need to understand what you are writing. Okay, let's start and then develop our blurb. Are you ready? Okay, here we go.

What is a Blurb?

Girl in casual blouse with a confused expressions staring in grey background. A question mark is at the top right left of the picture illustrating confused thoughts.

This is a short description of a film, a book, etc. In this case, it is about "myself." Now we know what a Blurb [For an in-depth explanation of Blurb and examples learn more] is we want to understand it. A Blurb is a piece of detail that creates a summary of a product, book, movie, etc. Therefore, the result is a finished product. However, we need to write a sketch first. 

The Components of a Blurb

  1. The details
  2. the summary
  3. the sketch
  4. The short description

Let us analyze ourselves and start to ask some questions. We don't want to put our personal stuff just genuine stuff. We want to be informative as much as possible but also simple.

Let us start with the details. I am going to do an example.

  • What is your name? My name is Linda
  • How old are you? I am 27 (If you don't want to put your age that is understandable)
  • What do you like to do? I like to fart (I am just kidding. It's good every now and then to pop a laugh. Anyway, let's continue. If you were offended I do apologize.) I like to write, sing, write poems.
  • What type of work do you do? I deliver pizza and I am also a part-time waitress. (If you don't want to put what you do that's okay but in some minutes you will see the trick of writing Blurb about yourself by doing these simple methods I have outlined.)
  • What do you want people to know more about you? (This is the key question right here. I am going to show you the magic.) Otherwise from delivering pizza and being a waitress I am an influencer and an author. I like to communicate. I just keep it simple and easy. (You write what you want.)
  • Add a statement of interest? I am an independent woman. (That would sound genuine) Did you know that I can speak two different languages? Yes, I can. (If you want you can add humor) The first one is English and the second one sounds like English whenever I get upset. I am just joking. It is good to laugh.
  • Last question. What do you offer? (This could be services, books, etc) If you are interested I do gigs for people like writing content, graphic designs, and just giving advice. If you are interested Linda is here to help you.

Okay, we have our details and now it is time for the summary.

The Summary

My name is Linda and I am 27 years old. I am an independent woman. I like to write, sing and write poems. I work as a part-time waitress and I also deliver pizza sometimes. Otherwise from delivering pizza and being a part-time waitress I am an influencer and an author. I like to communicate. I just keep it simple and easy.

Did you know that I can speak two different languages? Yes, I can. The first language is English and the second one sounds like English whenever I get upset. I am just joking. It is good to laugh every now and then.

If you are interested I do gigs for people like writing content, graphic designs, and just giving advice. If you are interested Linda is here to help you.

We have created our summary and now it is time for the sketch process. We are going to enhance our blurb and add a few words if necessary. Let's begin.

The Sketch

Hello everyone. My name is Linda and I am 27 years old. I am an independent woman by nature and attitude. I like to write, sing and write poems. Sometimes I love to be poetic with my words. I work as a part-time waitress and I deliver pizza sometimes. Being a single mom can be difficult but I still push forward. Otherwise from delivering pizza and being a part-time waitress I am an influencer and an author. I love to encourage moms and communicate. I just keep it simple and easy.

Did you know that I can speak two different languages? Yes, I can. The first language is English and the second one sounds like English whenever I talk to my child. I am just joking. It's good to laugh every now and then. As mothers, we have to find ways to get by. Anyway, if you are interested in services, I do gigs for people like writing content, graphic designs, and just giving advice. If you are interested I am more than willing to help.

Now it is time for the Blurb.

The Blurb about myself

Light green background with cartoon male and female doing interview while seated. Woman is in grey female attire and male is in suit.

Hello everyone. My name is Linda and I am 27 years old. I am an independent woman by nature and attitude. I like to write, sing and write poems. Sometimes I love to be poetic with my words. I work as a part-time waitress and I deliver pizza sometimes. Being a single mom can be difficult but I still push forward. Otherwise from delivering pizza and being a part-time waitress I am an influencer and an author. I love to communicate. I just keep it simple and easy.

Did you know that I can speak two different languages? Yes, I can. The first language is English and the second one sounds like English whenever I talk to my child. I am just joking. It's good to laugh every now and then. As mothers, we have to find ways to get by. Talking about getting by, if you are interested in services like paying someone to write content, do graphic designs or you just need a word of encouragement. I am your go-to girl.

The Conclusion

Always remember that simple thing helps you to write better.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can I improve my writing skills?

How to write a blurb| examples | explanation| more

How can I improve my typing speed?