What is the best way to start writing my first book?

 

Pirate skeleton standing on black page with a sword in one of his hand while staring at a pirate sketch ship on the opposite page. Many letter are afloat within the grey background.

The most progressive approach would be creating a draft sketch or sketch template. I am an author and I have been creating Sketch templates for a long time. It always works. The sketch template is simple your ideas and questions you write in order to help you start your first story or book. It is always earlier to start writing but sometimes remembering the names of the characters and places can be confusing especially if you are writing a novel.

Here is an example of how to start writing your first story

The sketch template for Fiction Book

  • What is my book going to be about? Adventure, mystery, science fiction, etc.
  • What type of book am I writing? Non-fiction or fiction
  • How am I going to start the book? I want it to be dramatic. I want the start to be interesting.
  • Title suggestions (You need to write some titles for your book like for example "How to write better?" Why is it important to love yourself?" etc)
  • If there are any main characters: Who are going to be the main characters?
  • Name of the main character (Write the name of your character)
  • Description of character (Give a brief description of our character)
  • Habits of characters (Does your characters have any habits you would like to write about)
  • Environment (What is going to be the background and surroundings of your story)
  • Plot development (How and where will you use your characters at play within your story.)
  • Starting point (How are you going to start your story? Where are you going to start it? Example. I want to write a story about a man that was missing for four years. I would like to start the story at a beach where many people were. I am going to make someone kidnap him. Something like that. You want your starting point to be thought of properly.)
  • What town the does character live in?
  • Who is going to be his enemy?
  • Name of the enemy (Create a name of your enemy)
  • Description of enemy
  • Habits of the enemy.

The Sketch Template For Non-fiction

This template is similar but different.

  • What type of book am I writing?
  • What am I writing about? For example, I am writing about how women in their 40s can overcome depression.
  • What are some key pointers are I going to write about?
  • Why are my pointers important and why should women in their 40s listen to what I have to say?
  • What type of evidence am I going to provide to prove that my methods work?
  • What are the disadvantage and advantages of your methods?
  • What is your story about depression or whatever that might be?
  • How can your story influence people?
  • How am going to outline what readers will learn at the front of my book? (You need to be clear and organized)
  • "You can add more questions according to your type of book."

The conclusion

Always make sure that you have some ideas and ask some questions before you start writing your first book. Write your questions. Do some research. The best approach is the simplest one which is creating a sketch template or draft whereby you write your ideas and questions. This will make you more prepared for writing your first book.


Recommend Hicorah blog to your friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can I improve my writing skills?

How to write a blurb| examples | explanation| more

How can I improve my typing speed?